My other blog (in Hungarian) merhetetlen.blogspot.com

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Quality measurement part 2

Hopefully I won't tell you anything what you don't know already. Why then am I writing these things down? Just for the writing itself, and because of a little hope, I could say something useful.

So how we want to generate our numbers. (I hope in time if we can see the scales I can convert these numbers something more funny, like rock bands or action figures, or poets.)

We live on the shady island of Java. So it determines a few things. Sonar is our system of displaying metrics. It is cool as I wrote it before, and I don't want to adore it again. Sonar uses PMD and FindBugs for static analysis (and has many many other metrics like LOC, Complexity, LCOM4...) and could use Jacoco and Cobertura (and others) for code coverage. It also has a plugin for Jira which can store the number of the tickets based on a custom filter, prioritized by their severity. So we have all pieces almost in place.

Almost...

Sonar has  a plugin called TotalQuality... Sounds like it does what we need. You can configure it, change the calculation, but you cannot extend its sources... well you can extend it if you are clever enough (I'm not...). It does not use Jacoco plugin (IT code coverage) and Jira... it is sad.

So I've created two requests to their Jira, and pray to God, Emilio and Martin to implement it...

No comments:

Post a Comment